Many of us like to keep cats as our pet animals. Some people enjoy spending time with it and for some it reduces stress. But sometimes, we fail to understand its gesture. This can be led to misunderstandings.
And we know, being a cat owner, you wouldn’t want to skip any chance to love and know your cat behavior even better.Having said that, this good read will bring up the most common gesture of your little kitty that conveys a lot about her mood.
And if you are reading this page, we are certain you are wanting to know the same, especially the reasons of cat kneading.
Well, let us help you find your answers!
To begin with, let’s figure out how the body language of your cat talks with you.
GESTURE OF YOUR CAT
Generally, we(humans) get what we need by speaking. But, they couldn’t. Every gesture of the cat indicates or reveals something to us. They can communicate by only its gesture if they want to convey something. Before that, we need to understand the gesture of cats.
- *If your cat vibrates its tail slightly, it is agitated and very glad to see you.
- If your cat stricks the tail straight up, it is a sign of extreme aggression, occurs during self-defense.
- *If your cat’s tail is straight but inclined at a low angle, it is slight aggression or fright.
- *If your cat’s tail is lowered toward the ground, it is in the guilt feeling.
- If your cat wags his tail sharply from the side, it means he’s angry or wants to play.
Isn’t it so interesting that how a little kitty talks to you without words in reality?
Moving on, let’s get to the main section of the article!
WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN A CAT KNEADS?
Before we share the fascinating facts behind this gesture, let us convey beforehand that you are going to love your kitty even more after this.
Let’s get started!
If your cat kneads with its hands, there are some reasons for that too also. when the cat is very comfortable with you, they started to knead you and it’s a very good sign from the cats. Generally, it is an instinctive behavior of the cats. Sometimes, when we are under the stress, it gives us a kind of relief and joy.
We may call it is a sign of flattery (or) some kind of affection (or) it really enjoys your company. But every time we can’t enjoy this. we need to trim its nail properly. If not, all our furniture will be damaged.
Hence, there is a lot to take care of!
Till now, we have uncovered their behavior that directly connects with you, but, now the matter of concern is what if they have an object to play with!
Let’s know more!
During our research, we found out one common question of pet owners that makes them wonder about the bond of their kitty with blankets!
So, without any further ado, let’s get the details for you!
WHY DO CATS KNEAD BLANKETS?
Cats usually go in search of warmth. They also love to sleep. It used to sleep for 12 to 16 hours. The blankets are warm enough for them so, the cats will lie on them, and they often go in search of blankets because they have the warmth they need.
At the same time, they are also comfortable and like to play on it. Scratching is its favorite thing, often they used to do this on blankets.
There are few other things that cats love, such as blankets…
- They like to sleep
- They like scratching for Timepass
- It has the habit of “observing”. Cats like to observe the surroundings.
- They like to sleep on high spots(like tree, top of the house)
- It likes to drink the running water ( flowing water)
- Being petted is its most favorite thing. And possessive too.
- It has the hunting habits
- Usually, it likes to eat, fresh foods.
‘’Kitties are cute and so the way they express themselves are cutest’’.Considering the same, let us get you some more interesting facts about their body language that would make you fall in love with them even more deeply.
Have you ever noticed, while playing, cats at times tend to bring in the paws which eventually give you a sense that they are asking for your affection and attention?
So, let’s know the answer to your question!
Why does my cat reach his paw out to me?
It is a very strong sign of affection from your cat. When they are most happy and affectionate on you, they used to reach his paw out to you… It’s a kind of humble love.
Usually, its paws are very sensitive, it loves to touch us with its soft paws. If it near to us, it feels like something good.
Sometimes when we are alone, it feels good to have someone with us. Like that, they need an affectionate companion with it.
Aha… so what do you think readers, Is cat kneading a sign of affection?
ROAD TO LOVE
Definitely, Yes…! Because, we all have some kind of gesture to express our feelings and emotions. Like that, cats also have some kind of gesture to express their thoughts.The looks itself indicates something to us…
- The Dilated pupils indicate some strong feelings like playfulness, fright, and agitation.
- When your cat looks at you directly, he trusts you and is very comfortable with you.
- If your cat used to rub against you, it is making you as it’s own property.
- If your cat used to poke you with its wet nose, it is an expression of strong attachment. It indicates that your cat feels very safe and comfortable around you.
- When your cat used to rub it’s head or tail against you, it is just saying hello.
- When your cat butting you slightly, it’s a sign of friendliness and your pet is in love with you.
- If your pet bites you, it means your cat wants to be alone.
- A lengthy meowing sound of your cat indicates their happiness after seeing you.
- A medium sound of meow is a request for food or water.
- A long meow of your cat is an urgent request or instant demand.
These are all very important and emotional gestures of your cat.
Furthermore, do you know, Most of the cats used to purr while knead!
Wondering, why do cats purr and knead?
Mostly they do like this while feeding. It’s a common gesture in cats. When the cat started to knead, it indicates it’s happiness. Depends on its mood cats changing its mood also.
When the cat purr and knead, it clearly shows it’s good and pleasant mood towards us.
Cats express it’s thoughts by certain actions or gestures. We can get more love and affection from our pets by understanding it. With that, we open this good read that has enlightened you well about their behavior and helped you understand your little kitty even more.
Happy Kitty Love!
Read More: Ear Mite Medicine for Cats